Weather can be changed using setWeather and setWeatherBlended functions. In GTA: SA, every weather has different parameters for the sunrise, morning, midday, noon, afternoon, sunset, night and midnight, so a weather can vary a lot deppending of the time of the day.
Non-standard weather ID's between 20 and 255 are also supported, but they might be buggy at some moments of the day.
MTA: SA has custom weather functions which can modify how a weather is rendered, but in this list the weathers are described without taking that into account. Also, using setWeatherBlended allows for more undocumented effects.
For a complete weather gallery, containing images of every weather ID (0 to 255) shot at every in-game hour, visit this page.
Default GTA: SA weathers (registered in timecyc.dat)
|Weather ID||Name from timecyc.dat||Screenshots at 12:00 PM||Description|
|0||EXTRASUNNY_LA||In singleplayer, these are Los Santos specific weathers.|
They are clear weathers, with blue sky and few clouds.
|5||SUNNY_SF||In singleplayer, these are San Fierro specific weathers.|
They are more diverse than Los Santos': some of them are clear, but others are rainy or foggy.
|10||SUNNY_VEGAS||In singleplayer, these are Las Venturas specific weathers.|
They are clear, dry weathers.
|13||EXTRASUNNY_COUNTRYSIDE||In singleplayer, these are Los Santos countryside specific weathers.|
They are dull, hazy, diverse weathers, with rainy ones.
|17||EXTRASUNNY_DESERT||In singleplayer, these are Bone County specific weathers.|
They are clear, dry, scorching hot weathers.
|20||UNDERWATER||In singleplayer, this is probably the weather used internally when camera is underwater.|
It is greenish and cloudy, so it appears to be a kind of contaminated weather.
|21||EXTRACOLOURS_1||In singleplayer, these are weathers used in interiors.|
They are somewhat strange, dark weathers with gradiented skyline colors.
Other weather IDs
- 23 to 26: Pale orange weather.
- 27 to 29: Fresh blue weather.
- 30 to 32: Dark, cloudy, teal weather.
- 33: Dark, cloudy, brown weather.
- 34: Blue/purple, regular weather.
- 35: Dull brown weather.
- 36 to 38: Bright, foggy, orange weather.
- 39: Very bright weather. Night looks like day.
- 40 to 42: Blue/purple, cloudy weather.
- 43: Toxic, contaminated clouds weather.
- 44: Black/white sky weather, similar to 22.
- 45 to 60: Normal seeming weather with graphical bugs at evening.
- 100: Strange weather which makes objects disappear.
- 118: Stormy weather with pink sky and crystal water.
- 126 to 150: Horrible flashing red bugged weather.
- 151 to 175: Far draw distance weather with pink, purple and turquoise clouds.