Jump to navigation Jump to search
This function returns a marker's type.
string getMarkerType ( marker theMarker )
OOP Syntax Help! I don't understand this!
- theMarker: A marker element referencing the specified marker.
- Returns one of the following strings:
- "checkpoint": A race checkpoint. These are very tall, but not infinite, light pillars. Checkpoints snap to ground and become invisible after going over a certain Z height.
- "ring": Doughnut shaped ring, normally used for aircraft.
- "cylinder": Small glowing ground ring. These are the glow markers you walk into to activate missions or events in single player.
- "arrow": Arrow pointing down. These are the arrows on the doors you can enter in single player, except MTA's are not animated by default.
- "corona": A glowing ball of light.
If an invalid marker is specified, false is returned.
Click to collapse [-]Client and server
This function creates a default marker at a given position and outputs its type.
function createMarkerAndOutputType ( x, y, z ) -- we create the marker local theMarker = createMarker ( x, y, z ) -- if the marker was created, if ( theMarker ) then -- then get its type, local markerType = getMarkerType ( theMarker ) -- and output it. outputChatBox ( "It's a " .. markerType .. " marker!" ) end -- return the created marker element (or false) where this function was called return theMarker end