This function gets the state of a custom weapon.
string getWeaponState ( weapon theWeapon )
OOP Syntax Help! I don't understand this!
- theWeapon: the weapon to get the state of.
- A string if the weapon is valid, indicating the weapon state, which can be:
- reloading: the weapon is reloading.
- firing: the weapon is constantly shooting (unless any shooting blocking flags are set) according to its assigned firing rate.
- ready: the weapon is idle.
- false if an error occured or the weapon is invalid.
This example creates a gun where the local player is and informs any player about its state.
local function testWeaponState() local weapon = createWeapon("m4", getElementPosition(localPlayer)) -- Create the weapon outputChatBox("The weapon that has just been created state is " .. getWeaponState(weapon) .. ".") -- Tell the player its state end addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart", resourceRoot, testWeaponState)
|Minimum supported server||n/a|
|Minimum supported client||1.3.0-9.04555|
Note: Using this function requires the resource to have the above minimum version declared in the meta.xml <min_mta_version> section. e.g. <min_mta_version client="1.3.0-9.04555" />