From Multi Theft Auto: Wiki
- Flash on the menu
- Move files around - logs to root directory, get rid of the mods directory perhaps.
- Improve client-side resource cache. Ideas:
- Store unmodifiable client-side files as with their filename their hash and in a directory which is the first two digits of the hash
- Store modifiable files separately
- Keep track of filename and last-use time for each file in sqllite
- Provide an option to automatically remove files you've not used recently
- Consider ways to keep modifiable files separate between servers (so server A can't read server B's files) though there are circumstances where this is actually desirable. Possibly a filename prefix could specify that it should be written to a this-server-only directory.
- Compress files when they're sent to clients
- Precompile lua files on the server
- See if we can have a way to make files optional